Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.
Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
In order to understand zoos, we must learn how these institutions work. Zoos provide safe places for animals live in. Therefore, some supporters will concur that these installations should be supported rather than criticized. However, in my view, zoos have not a useful purpose, and thus they must be closed for everybody's benefit.
To begin, zoos are institutions that allow government and private owners to make profits without being careful of the animals. The primary reason of having a zoo is to make money from it. Since these places reach a vast number of audiences, the government and private companies support them. As any other form of entertaining, zoos give audiences the opportunity to see wild animal closely. Nevertheless, this goes against the principle of the nature. If a person desires to watch wildlife, he should go to their habitats instead, so there are no reasons to keep these animals away from their natural environments. While seeing lions in a closet space is anti natural, it is also selfish to have places that promote these crazy ideologies. For example, in Venezuela, people go to the zoo to see the animals starving. Not only is this sad, but also it is unfair to the animals were brought about there because it is profitable for owners. The real question is who benefit from these places?
Another reason to oppose zoos is that animals have limited space without physical or psychological stimulation. Although some biologists express that injured species should be kept in these institutions, there are other ways to ensure survival. With this in mind, in Miami we have an animal wild life where species stay there just until the staffs believe they can be re-liberated in their natural environment. In addition, while these species stay in the institutions, scientists are capable to study the species and even put on a device in order to know where the animal is later. Therefore, the reasons that individuals have to study animals, restricting them of freedom, are not well supported, so zoos should be closed. Perhaps, the money could be used to build up more institutions to preserve species rather than entertain the public.
To sum up, the places where animals cannot be free must be wiped up. As I exposed above, the reasons to keep these institutions are not well supported. The only ones who benefit from these activities are humans, so we must stop being selfish and let the animals live in freedom as it was thousands of years ago.
- Agree/ disagree. the automobile is destroying our quality of life. (95)
- A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discovered in Liaoning, China, in 1996. Interestingly, the fossil included a pattern of fine lines surrounding the skeletal bones. Some paleontologists interpret the li (90)
- Students learn more in large lectures classes than in small discussion classes. Agree/disagree (80)
- In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. (33.3333)
- Reading： Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other large vertebrates, has gr (80)
- Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh (90)
- Chaco houses (65)
- dinosaurs endotherm (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer. (95)
- Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. (90)