Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Some people prefer to be informed about what's happening around the world. Other people focus only on the events that's strongly related to their day-to-day life. In my opinion, I believe awareness of what's going on around the world is absolutely important for many reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, we can learn from the incidents that occur in another countries or neighbourhoods. This makes us well-prepared if something similar takes place in our community. Furthermore, watching news about crimes or natural disasters that occur in other cities helps us to develop a plan to deal with those events in case we encounter them in our surroundings. For example, individuals who keep track of nuclear disasters that wreaked havoc in some nations are more aware of the dangers behind having a nuclear facility in their town. As a result, they would influence the political decision to fully consider all factors before constructing similar nuclear plants in their town. In addition, watching crimes that happen in other countries could help us build a scenario of how to behave if something came about in our day-to-day life. For instance, Although some crimes happen far a way from my neighborhood, I always keep myself updated with all the information about these stories since this knowledge could help me if I ever had to act to keep others or myself safe in a similar situation. Another fact that's worth mentioning about this topic is that citizens who are posted about global news are better voters than those who are only interested in local news. To expand more on that, by making themselves aware of other governments' experimentation with certain policies, the educated population would be better able to decide which policies are the best for their own country.To give an example, each country approaches social issues such as healthcare and education differently. Thus, by observing successful and failing strategies, the well-rounded adults would definitely give a hand to their own government to improve their communities.
Secondly, watching global news is tremendously significant for business and investment. We have international companies nowadays than ever before. These companies have operations in so many countries around the globe. Hence, people who are intrigued by business and the economy would benefit from this valuable information about what other nations are up to. To illustrate, political stability encourages investment. Also, innovation that's taking place in different places in the world should be taken into account when making business decisions. To clarify, it's important for people who speculate on stocks to monitor international news about acquisitions made abroad by the corporations that they hold shares in. Moreover, they would need to keep an eye on any losses for their companies in other states.
In conclusion, our world has been dramatically changed by the advancements in communication and transportation technologies. Therefore, most people could learn from watching news from various parts on our planet even though this news could sometimes seem irrelevant to their daily lives. By doing so, they could also seize opportunities and make better decisions.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||Bonjourkmm||83||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||marysv||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||mohammadkmi||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||mohammadkmi||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||marysv||70||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 days ago||shrijan||71||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||marii.r67||76||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Seema Modak||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||ghfati65||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||joyce05||60||Read full essay|
- london and german fossils (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be a leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86)
- online pharmacies (83)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss theseviews. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (90)
- methane gas explosion vs asteroid (80)
- tunguska (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (88)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (76)
- Some students prefer to study at a large university that has several thousand students. Other students prefer studying at a small school that has only a few hundred students. Which type of these two types of schools do you prefer? (60)