Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
I agree that encouraging parents' teenage children to take a part-time job is one of the best ways to help their children prepare for adult life. Teenage children need to be responsible, skilled, and sociable to be ready for their adult life, and taking a part-time job can help children achieve this goal.
Adults should be responsible, and teenagers could learn to be responsible by taking a part-time job. Teenagers will learn to be responsible by getting the jobs done. For example, teenagers should finish the task before they could get paid. This condition will encourage teenagers to accomplish the jobs as soon as they can.
Beside, adults who get used to society should be skilled, and teenagers could get skilled from part-time jobs. For instance, part-time jobs would not occupy all the teenagers' time. Therefore, teenagers would be get prepared for their assignments and catch up the school schedule. Moreover, part-time jobs would provide teenagers with additional skills. Teenagers would learn how to build up websites by taking a web part-time job, and they could learn how to get along with customers while they work in coffee shops in part-time. Teenagers could rarely learn these skills by only attending schools.
Furthermore, adults should be able to get along with other people, and teenagers could learn to be sociable early by taking a part-time job. For example, teenagers would be force to get along with other people if they want to get the job done. Teenagers have to ask other skilled people in order to finish jobs that they haven't done before. Besides, taking a part-time job would encourage teenagers to help others finish their jobs. This opportunity would not only let teenagers to get achievement but learn how to be a leader.
In conclusion, Taking a part-time job can help teenagers to be responsible, skilled, and sociable. These are the characteristics that an adult should have. Therefore, I agree the content that the passage provides.
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discover 60
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the comp 60
- Question-------Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------Animal fossils usually provide very little opportunity to study the actua 70
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station."To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owners have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth i 60
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 70
teenagers would be force to get along with other people
teenagers would be forced to get along with other people
No. of Different Words: 132 200 //a lot of duplicated content
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 18 in 30
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 327 350
No. of Characters: 1606 1500
No. of Different Words: 132 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.252 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.911 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.593 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 111 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 80 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 61 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 48 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.35 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.413 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.55 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.413 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.599 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.179 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5