Do you agree or disagree that TV and movies have positive effect?

Nowadays The TV programs are made carefully to improve and help people's life. Thus, the content of the program is more meaningful today than years ago. While some people believe the effects of the TV and movie are dangerous for kids and adults, the supporters say that TV networks have a positive influence in human's life. In my view, movies and television offer a lot of benefit for our life.

First, TV programs aid watcher to obtain new knowledge. Some people do not have time to read books or study some materials because they work all day long. However, people around the world watch television. Even though this person watches just a few minutes, he is enriching his mind with excellent contents and concepts. Moreover, learning from TV programs is convenient. Thus, people do not need a lot of time or even a specific technology to get knowledge. As I mentioned before, everybody has availability to use a TV, so people can learn conveniently at their home in a couple of minutes. For example, while I was cooking at my house, I was watching a program about the human's brain on discovery channel. I would not have been interesting in reading a book about human's physiology or have enough time to do so. However, by the time I watched the TV, I nourished my mind with substantial information, such as neurons, synapses between neurons and other kind of details I would not have known before. If I had not seen that TV show about human's brain, I would never have gotten these new knowledge that I have now.

Another positive effect of TV is that people can develop critical thinking. Some advertising helps people to think deeply about the consequences of using some products. Thus, people have the opportunity to choose the best for them. For example, my father has smoked all his life. Three years ago, he told me that he wanted to stop smoking. I was surprised for his decision. Later he said that he saw an advertising about the size effects of the cigarette. He was in shock about this lady who lost the two legs because of the cigarette. In this case by showing the bad consequences of a product, the advertising campaign worked causing a desired behavior in my father. Therefore, the TV commercial positively change my dad's life by demonstrating what it could happen to him if he did not stop using cigarettes.

To sum up, television has an important role in the people's life. Even though some people oppose to TV, I believe, it has a lot of benefits for human. It not only facilitates and helps people to absorb new knowledge, but it also develops critical thinking throughout advertising and commercial. Thus, the advantages of TV super-pass the drawbacks and therefore more people should engage with this meaningful way of learning.

Examples could be shorter. More arguments wanted.