Do you agree or disagree?It is more important to keep old friends than it is to make new friends?

Do you agree or disagree?

It is more important to keep old friends than it is to make new friends?

Friends are important part of anyone's life. They are the one who make us laugh, stay with us in our difficult situation, and build our confidence when we lose something. Therefore, some people think that it is important to keep old friends rather than make new ones. However, I strongly believe that we should continue to make new friends for or whole life. I feel this way because we will have more friends to share our problems, help us, and increase our knowledge.

To begin with, friends are always with us in our good and bad time. When we have many of them, we do not feel alone. If some of them are busy, we will always have someone to go to. For example, once I had a test when I was in college, and I realized that I did not know the topic very well. I decided to call my childhood friend, but he was out of town for a few days. Then I called to my college friend, and he helped to understand the topic. If I did not make any friends in college, I could not come out that problem, and could not get good score in the test. Thus, it is necessary to make new friends in each step of life.

In addition, more friends means more hands to help us. This way, we have many people to assist us in our difficult task. For example, when I was in graduate school, I had to pass the entrance test. I studied hard, but could not get the higher score. One of friends discovered that I was depressed, he gathered all my friends and told them about my situation. They all prepared good notes for my exam, and I was able to get the high numbers in the next test. On the other hand, If I had only one or two friend, it would be tough for them to do this for me, as they were leaving far from me, and we had different majors. They might not help me in such extent.

Last but not least, when we are surrounded by many friends, we can learn many things from them. For example, when I meet my friends, we often discuss about some topics related to study, or the currents issues around the world. This way, I get opportunity to learn about their views and perspectives about different fields. On the contrary, if I have only one or two friends, we may think similarly, and thus, I cannot broaden my knowledge.

To sum it up, some people may not like to have many friends, nevertheless I totally do not believe that it is more important to keep old friends than make new ones because if we make new friends, we will have may people to share our sorrow and happiness, help us in our struggle, and increase the knowledge.

They are the one who make us laugh,
They are the ones who make us laugh,

for or whole life.
for our whole life.

we will have may people to share our sorrow and happiness
we will have more people to share our sorrow and happiness

Leave 3-5 minutes to check out the grammar and spellings.

Less examples, more arguments.