Do you agree or disagree?Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

Do you agree or disagree?

Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

No one can ever deny the significant role of teachers on students life and career. Teacher's behavior, ways of thinking and political or social views can have a great influence on students.There seems to be very little, if not any, agreement about talking about social or political opinions in the classroom by teachers between people. Some believe that teachers should not express their opinions about social and political matters in the classroom while others disagree. I agree with the former idea which I like to explain in following paragraphs.

To begin with, teachers have a great influence on attitudes of their students through different social and political matters. As a result, if teachers reveal their ideas in class about particular social or political view they might cause in students to believe in teachers idea without thinking. I am of the view that, teachers have to talk about important social and political issues in classes and provoke discussion in the classroom among students in order to encourage them to involve in today's world important issues. As a consequence, students learn to think and research about social and political matters and also how to express their opinion in a social context.

Moreover, teachers can cause a distraction in students by talking about their views in class. According to hearing about different views from society, family and school, students may confuse about political and social matters which results in losing concentration on their studies. This can have catastrophic effects on their education process.

To sum up, I am of the opinion that teachers have to try to make the classroom a place for students to learn more every day and develop gradually. They have to help students to learn any important issue related to modern society. However, expressing their own views about political or social can disturb students improvement and result in distraction from important priorities.