Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parent's generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
There are many differences between my parents' generation and my generation. In my opinion, modern technology had made a big difference between two generations. When my parents were children, technology was not developed as much as we have now. Living rural in Thailand they did not have computers, telephones, and cars. Modern technology makes a difference between the generations of our family.
To begin with, my parents live in Thailand, a third world country. Even though they are educated people, they just learned how to use computer recently. When they were growing up nobody had a computer, so they did everything manually. To do things manually was not convenient and it took a lot of time to get things done. When my parents first learn how to use the computer, they were amazed by how it made their life so much easier and more convenient. Modern technology like computer has made my generation different from my parents' generation.
In addition, when my parents were growing up they had no telephone, so writing letters was the only way to communicate to a person who lived far away. My father went to study in university far from home. When he would like to communicate with my grandparents he had to write a letter and it took a week to arrive at my grandparents' house. I think that it is so much better now that we have telephones or even smartphone so we can just dial a phone number and talk to a person instantly.
Furthermore, when my parents were children there were no cars and buses. People got where they were going by walking, riding horses or elephants, and using buffalo caravan carts. Traveling from place to place at that time was very difficult. For example, my mother spent three days traveling from her hometown to another city to study, but now it takes only three hours by car. Cars are one of the modern technologies that make a big difference between my parents' generation and my generation.
In conclusion, I believe that modern technology such as computer, telephone, and cars has made my generation very different from my parents' generation.
- Task 2 : Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer. 70
- Task1: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories discussed in the reading passage.Reading: As early as the twelfth century A.D., the settlements of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico in the Americ 90
- Task1:summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose the specific points made in the reading passage.Reading:Communal online encyclopedias represent one of the latest resources to be found on the Internet. They are many re 80
- Question: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific points made in the reading passageReading passage: Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep body temperatures constant. For 70
- TPO-02 - Integrated Writing Task In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people 81
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 359 350
No. of Characters: 1677 1500
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.353 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.671 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.656 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 110 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 85 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 59 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 44 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.095 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.271 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.429 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.352 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.53 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.125 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5