Explain why people go to university.

Explain why people go to university.

In this modern age, with its galloping progress, the importance of education is obvious to everyone. Admittedly, Universities are of great effect in one’s education. People might have different reasons to attend universities based on their social, familial background as well as their character. As far as I am concerned, I believe that people choose to continue their education at universities after finishing high school for gaining knowledge, preparing for their career and making progress in social aspects of life.

First of all, shallow and basic knowledge of a high school student can be improved into a profound academic knowledge through studying at universities. Moreover, students are free to follow their interests in their field of study instead of having to join a fixed and boring classes. For example, students may choose to spend their time in laboratories carrying out different experiments or they may study their favorable books in library. More interestingly, thanks to great financial support that universities provide these days, students can pursue their education without facing any problem. There are many scholarships in different countries that facilitate education for even international students.

Another important reason that people may have is getting prepared for their future career. As a matter of fact, career is the ultimate goal of following academic education. Universities provide thorough programs in each field containing a lot of classes and laboratories to ensure that students learn the integral skills and knowledge for being successful in their career. For instance, if someone wants to be a doctor, university is the best place to fulfill his desire. Every pivotal details that a doctor might encounter in his career is thought at medical programs at universities.

Last but not least, since the university is the best place that gathers different people with different culture and background, it stands to reason that progress in social aspects and reaching a real self-esteem is another main reason why we attend universities. People can join extra-curricular programs and gatherings to experience different social situations as a student. In this way, they can gradually know their weaknesses and strengths and become skilled in interacting with different people. According to various studies in different countries, social skills are the most important factor that ensures one’s prosperity in their life. With this in mind, universities are the best place to pave the way for students’ success in life.

In summary, with all this taking into account, universities not only provide an excellent program and atmosphere for teaching student and making them well-prepared for their vocation, but also do they impart the students the ability to become effective in society.

Every pivotal details that
Every pivotal detail that

not only provide an excellent program and atmosphere for teaching student and making them well-prepared for their vocation, but also do they impart the students the ability to become effective in society.
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?