It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

That friends play an important role in everyone’s life is an undeniable fact. Should people realize the influence of friends in their life they will ponder over it much more scrupulously. For me keeping old friends is more important than making new ones. Advantages of maintaining old relationships has recently been the topic of debate among psychologists.

I do believe that keeping old friends has its own merits and these are my justifications. To begin with, one of the most important points in every relationship is recognizing each other. Old friends know us better and we know them better and we can share our secrets and ask them for helping us or we can help them whenever they need us. With new friends you can never feel this closeness.

The second reason why I advocate this point of view lies in the fact that we all have some old friends from our childhood or even first moments of our life, and we have nice memories together which we can never experience with new friends. For example I have a friend that we experience our first part, first day of school and etc. with each other. He is the only witness of those times in the past. It is always fun to listen and share our memories.

Finally, each relationship you start it as two stranger you need to spend times to get familiar with each other`s manners and interest. Friendships are characterized by intimacy, trust and a sense of permanence. These characteristics requires a strong built and time is required to build a strong bond. The real friend is the old one, which you spend, lots of hours with each other. It seems difficult to trust someone who you know him or her for short period. And mostly we rarely will to share our mysteries with them. So it shows the significance of an old friendship.

Having discussed the issue from that point of view I would rather look at it from another perspective as well. Humans are social creatures, and need someone to share their feeling with each other. By passing the time an entering to the new situations and circumstances for example attend to university or finding new job, people should find new persons with the same occasion and interest. It is possible that you do not find new people like your old friends, but it does not mean that you cannot meet people as good as your old friends or sometimes even better. Conventional wisdom suggests that good friendships enhance an individual's sense of happiness and overall well-being. Indeed, a number of studies have found that strong social supports improve a woman's prospects for good health and longevity. Conversely, loneliness and a lack of social supports have been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as higher mortality rates overall. Researchers have even termed friendship improve and boosts both physical and mental health.

By taking all above-mentioned arguments into consideration, the following conclusion can be drawn about the issue. Underestimating advantages of the keeping old friendships in our life is not logical. Attending to this issue meticulously contributes to caring and maintaining of friendships, and can improve several aspects of health.

I have a friend that we experience our first part
I have a friend whom we experience our first part

for short period.
for a short period.