Essay topics: many people believe that parents are too permissive to their children. Do you agree that this is a problem. Defend your answer
Nowadays, parents are sometimes accused of corrupting their children by being permissive to them. I think oppositely and believe that the permissive approach of the parents toward their children is not a problem.
The young are highly energetic and eager to explore the world. They have hunger for acquiring novel experiences and barely have strong concerns for anything that deter them from their goals. Therefore, they may take risks and participate in relentless acts with or without having their parents' permission. Modern psychology suggests giving the necessary knowledge to children and then the responsibility to decide what to do independently. Consequently, they will feel happy because of feeling the independency. Moreover, they mostly will choose the right thing if they have enough knowledge.
Having the permission to explore the world of exciting unknowns will produce a trusting atmosphere between children and parents. Thus, in case of any doubt or serious condition, the young will refer to their parents as their main supporters. I remember a friend of mine who was sexually harassed in a teenage party, where she was not allowed by her parents to go. However, she was afraid to tell the problem to them. Instead, she started to feel depressed and anxious.
Moreover, if children trust their parents and perceived them as friendly, supportive, and considerate guides they will freely talk about their new experiences and about their future plans. In this way, parents will become aware of any potential danger or wrongdoing and will be rather capable of protecting their naïve children from possible harms.
To come to a conclusion, permissiveness is not a problem especially when it is preceded by proper knowledge. Parents who feed their kids with useful information should not restrict their chance of experiencing their free will. I believe that being permissive is not a problem.
- Do you agree or disagree that television programs, movies, and video games influence young people's behavior?Give reasons and specific examples to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated-twins (90)
- Do you agrees or disagree. Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.Give specific example and reasons to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated- group work (70)
- The widespread use of the internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world? (95)
- Do you agree or disagree ? Childhood is the happiest time in a person`s life. Include reasons and examples to support your opinion. (45)
- integrated task- reward (80)
- Do you agree or disagree?Standardized Tests Like the Toefl Provide Sufficient Information to Determine Whether Students Should Be Admitted to a College or University EssayGive your reasons and examples to support your view (80)
- Integrated task- international working day (90)
- You are planning to study abroad. What do you think you will like and dislike about this experience? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer (95)