People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Since every person is different, the reasons for which people attend university or college are unlikely to be the same for everyone. In my opinion, there are three main reasons specified as following.

University is the cradle of future professionals in various industries. For people who know exactly what they want to devote on professionally, attending university is usually one step that serves as a conveyor to their career goal. For example, I want to become a risk analyst, then I am aware that graduating from a degree in finance would be the best approach for me in that it equips me with necessary tools to undertake adequately the tasks of a risk analyst.

However, others are lost in this journey of life and enrolling in a college degree is a way to keep themselves busy and to figure out what their passion is. To illustrate, Alicia -a 27-year old girl I met in the first year of my degree- told me that she had never studied again after high school but was at the university because she had lost her job in the middle of the financial crisis; she felt disoriented and dawned on herself that she had no objectives in life, everything job she had had seemed humdrum ones. On account of the fact that she was unemployed, Alicia decided to retake the study and hope to dissipate her doubts.

And last but not least, another group of people attends university in order to do research in their interested area. They can be either retired or active professionals or undergraduate students, who want to attain a deeper understanding of a phenomenon or the practicality of an action. For instance, an aeronautic engineer during his or her retiring days has come up with some innovative ideas such as an alternative sensor system that could be more effective and less expensive. He or she returns to the university so as to scrutinize the viability of the project.

To be short, it is not plausible to list the reason for which every single person attends university and I find the three reasons given above to be the mainstream.

Sentence: To illustrate, Alicia -a 27-year old girl I met in the first year of my degree- told me that she had never studied again after high school but was at the university because she had lost her job in the middle of the financial crisis; she felt disoriented and dawned on herself that she had no objectives in life, everything job she had had seemed humdrum ones.
Description: A pronoun, nominal is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to everything and job