Some people think that the important role of university professors is to do research others think the main role of them is to educate students What is your opinion

Some people think that the important role of university professors is to do research, others think the main role of them is to educate students. What is your opinion?

University is a special facility in the society that is obligatory to do both research as well as education. Therefore, teaching students and doing research seem to be of the same importance for university professors. Nevertheless, I would like to agree that university professors should put more emphasis on doing research rather than educating students. I would like to give several reasons to substantiate my point of view.

University is a facility that has the most abundant resourses and intelligence in the society. Government would allocate quite an amount of money budget to universities every year in order to develop new techniques, medicine as well as academic achievements, which could ultimately benefit their people and lead the society to be more advanced. For example, professors in the medical department not only have smart brains but also have access to research resources like patients' datas from accessory teaching hospital and international journals. So they must not turn their back on these previliges and devote themselves into teaching students. They must spend more time in research than education.

I don't mean that university professors should spend their time and energy totally on research. On the other hand, they still have to take care of their students because they are under a educational facility eventually. Since university is a place so unique apart from other educational facilities like high schools and elementary schools, people should not expect professors to teach their students in exactly the same way as teachers do in other schools mentioned above. Moreover, college students are aready adults who can take care of themselves. Therefore, university professors should do less teaching but do more leading and questioning jobs. They should rather play the role of opening the door of knowledge for students. Students can study by themselves.

Owing to the fact that university professors pocess so many resources and knowledge, and university students can be more independent in studying, university professors should dive into research rather than teaching.

Sentence: University is a facility that has the most abundant resourses and intelligence in the society.
Error: resourses Suggestion: resources

Sentence: So they must not turn their back on these previliges and devote themselves into teaching students.
Error: previliges Suggestion: privileges

Sentence: Moreover, college students are aready adults who can take care of themselves.
Error: aready Suggestion: ready

Sentence: Owing to the fact that university professors pocess so many resources and knowledge, and university students can be more independent in studying, university professors should dive into research rather than teaching.
Error: pocess Suggestion: process

Need to develop better sentences. Look, a lot of sentences start with subject 'I', 'they'.