Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past young people depended on their parents for making decisions. Today, young people are better able to make decisions on their own.

From great, important moments to tiny, trivial daily things, people make decisions repeatedly throughout their lives. As living in a world so sophisticated, it true that decisions are hard to make sometimes, especially for young people who are less experienced. However, in my candid opinion, I would like to agree with the claim that young people are better able to make decisions on their own than before. To substantiate my view, I would like to address several reasons.

Youngsters today are born in a time of technological boom. For the past decades, enormous inventions has enabled us to know more about the world with less efforts. For example, since the invisible wires of the Internet has spread form gigantic cites to the most remote areas, people are overwhelmed by globalization and individualism, and young people are the group to be affected profoundly. They are well equipped by those high-tech weapons to face demons of decisions.

On the other hand, some people may contend that young people enter society at the age far elder than they did before. A research among Taiwanese people at the age of eighteen to twenty-two has shown that 95% of them are still studying. Compared to the past, young people were not so fortunate. 80% of them had to work in order to struggle for their lives. Owing to this fact, young people in the past had to face various challenges like how to hold a family or how to earn money. These are definitely experiences that people of the same age today would not have or even just imagine. Thus, young people today must depends more on their parents for making decisions.

However, is facing more decisions at a younger age for young people necessarily equals to making decisions more on their own? Young people today are far well educated. As literacy rate of young people have increased tremendously compared to decades before, young people are more able to embrace knowledge and intelligence, to be bombarded with various ideas and different ways of thinking, and to be nourished by experiences passed down from ancestors. Although they are still in school, a place where less great decisions but more small ones could be encountered, they more confident to decide independently since education has given them sharper, more complicated minds. And also when they graduated and enter the society, they are ready for challenges.

In conclusion, I like to agree with the idea that youngster today are better able to make decisions on their own attributed to technological advances and education.

As living in a world so sophisticated, it true that
As living in a world is so sophisticated, it is true that

enormous inventions has enabled us
enormous inventions have enabled us

As literacy rate of young people have increased
As literacy rates of young people have increased

'On the other hand' means However. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.