Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When I was a student in elementary school, I liked to spend all of my break time to play basketball with my friends. I think sport is not only a entertainment but a activity that have a lot of benefits. I will elaborate the advantages and disadvantage of practicing sport.

People can learn to cooperate with others in practicing some exercise, like baseball, soccer and football. For instance, I join the soccer team in my university. I enjoy the training time in every morning. We practice many individual skills and also some team tactics. My coach always emphasize the importance of teamwork. We are not alone in a game and we have to cooperate with our teammates in order to achieve the goal. Hence, I think practicing sports is a good way for people to learn the teamwork.

Doing exercise also has many advantages, such as improving health and losing fat. According to studies, a regular aerobic exercise can prevent the cardiovascular problem. Besides, sports also help people loss their fat, so many young girls are willing to sweat every day. Take an example. My little sister had been overweight in her fifteen, and she followed the instruction from the doctor to do aerobic exercise regularly. After a year, she became slim and more confident.

On the other hand, people who spend a great amount time on sports leave less for their study. Some of them don't have enough time to keep the path in the class. Thus, they get a low grades and don't have academic achievements. In Twain, parents worry about their children's school rank and don't support their children to practice too much. Sometimes,in my country, the students who like sports will be identify as bad students.

To sum up, young children spend much time on sports have pros and cons. Therefore, I think when the young children choose to do it they should make a good schedule and avoid effecting their school work.

is not only a entertainment
is not only an entertainment

but a activity that have a lot of benefits
but an activity that has a lot of benefits

My coach always emphasize
My coach always emphasizes

the students who like sports will be identify as bad students.
the students who like sports will be identified as bad students.

young children spend much time on sports have pros and cons.
young children spending much time on sports have pros and cons.