Essay topics: Students learn more in large lectures classes than in small discussion classes. Agree/disagree
One of the most essential skills to learn in traditional classrooms is the ability to communicate effectively with other individuals. Student through their career must participate and discuss during classes. Thus, supporters, as me, will say that the small classes bring more benefits for learners than large lecture classes for several reasons.
To begin with, with fewer students, the opportunity to participate in the discussion increases. While a larger group of students does not have the time to give their opinion, a small amount of individuals may participate more. Hence, learners will develop substantial social skills, such as communication. Since the number of students is reduced, they can have more hours available to express their opinion, and they discuss the topic deeply. For example, when I was in my first year of the university, we were seventeen people in the room. Therefore, each of us has the chance to discuss a part of the topic. With this in mind, one time, the professor let us to give the biology class. Because we had plenty time, everybody talked about the global warming problems. First, a student talked about the introduction. Later, the others said about causes, solutions, and prevention. Since we had a lot of time available, everybody participated through the class.
Another good reason to have fewer students discussing is that individuals can acquire new knowledge listening the professor and classmates in an entertaining way. Although solo lectures enable professors to give classes in less time, persons learning can get easily exhausted, so they will stop paying attention to the instructor. However, in small size groups, professors give the students the responsibility to communicate among them. This method allows students to feel encouraged and interested in the class. For instance, in my last year of university, the anatomy instructor gave the topic in a bored way. He talked hours in individual lectures, for we were unfocused on the topics. Thus, we felt discouraged and tired to keep going to class. As a result, students did not participate or even attend to the class. After explaining the situation to the professor, he decided to split the class in two different groups. This time, the learners have to talk and ask questions to the professor. Consequently, by using this new method of learning the instructor gained the attention of students with a high level of success. As I mentioned, a large group of people does not bring benefits when acquiring new knowledge.
To sum up, there is no doubt that people obtain more knowledge when they are in small size classes. As it is stated previously, the advantages surpass the drawbacks of larger number of students. Not only do individuals have enough time to practice and participate during discussions, but they also learn in a most enjoyable way.
- Agree/ disagree. the automobile is destroying our quality of life. (95)
- A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discovered in Liaoning, China, in 1996. Interestingly, the fossil included a pattern of fine lines surrounding the skeletal bones. Some paleontologists interpret the li (90)
- Students learn more in large lectures classes than in small discussion classes. Agree/disagree (80)
- In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. (33.3333)
- Reading： Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other large vertebrates, has gr (80)
- Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh (90)
- Chaco houses (65)
- dinosaurs endotherm (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer. (95)
- Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. (90)