Essay topics: dinosaurs endotherm
The reading states that dinosaurs were endotherm animals and provides three reasons of support. However, the speaker explains that scientists believe these arguments are unlikely true and refutes each of the author’s claims.
First, the article claims that dinosaurs' fossils have been discovered in Polar Regions which suggest dinosaurs belong to this category since endotherms are the only ones suitable to maintain and survive temperatures in cold climates. The professor refutes this point by saying that those regions were warmer years ago than nowadays. Moreover, although such great temperatures were reached, dinosaurs could have migrated or hibernated from this temperature. Hence, the fossils found do not prove this animal was endotherm.
Second, the article posits that because dinosaurs had leg located under the body, they were endotherms. Furthermore, the leg position has allowed them to sustain physical activity, such as running. The author states that today, endotherm animals present legs underneath as dinosaurs at that time. However, the professor explains that dinosaurs were not endotherms even though the legs were under the body. Moreover, he mentions that the most reasonable explanation is that they needed to grow to large size in order to support their weight. Thus, dinosaurs cannot be categorized as endotherm.
Third, the article says that dinosaur presented harversian structures inside the bones which suggest that they grew quickly as endotherm animals do. The professor opposes to this point by saying that they also had some structures are called growth rings that indicate dinosaurs grew and stopped growing in some periods. This disrupted pattern is characteristic of non endotherm animals, so dinosaurs were not endotherm as the reading exposed.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||masoumsaie||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||ashish40501||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||ashish40501||78||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||ashish40501||65||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||comando||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Sina-ss||76||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 weeks ago||Ivy24||68||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||FMugisho||76||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||ak840206||75||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||Sanfre011||80||Read full essay|
- Agree/ disagree. the automobile is destroying our quality of life. (95)
- A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discovered in Liaoning, China, in 1996. Interestingly, the fossil included a pattern of fine lines surrounding the skeletal bones. Some paleontologists interpret the li (90)
- Students learn more in large lectures classes than in small discussion classes. Agree/disagree (80)
- In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. (33.3333)
- Reading： Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other large vertebrates, has gr (80)
- Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh (90)
- Chaco houses (65)
- dinosaurs endotherm (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose.Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer. (95)
- Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. (90)