TOPIC # 35 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television.

People need to spend time outside to add some thrill and change their lives. Some people may think that it is more interesting to watch a live performance than watch the same event on TV. Personally I believe that it is more enjoyable and convenient to watch such events on TV at home and that for the following reasons.

To begin with, having a family with small kids makes it difficult to go to a live performance. Kids have special needs and they require some responsibilities form their parents. At the middle of a performance, children may feel hungry, tired or sleepy. Then as parents we cannot enjoy and continue the events. For example, once, we went to watch a movie in an opening theater at night, then the kids felt cold but we continued to watch the movie. Next day they got sick. Therefore, it is not comfortable to a family with little children to attend a live performance.

Another reason is that it is time consuming. If someone wanted to go to a concert or cinema, she should prepare at home by choosing a suitable clothes and putting make up. Then driving a car and looking for a place to park the car. All this takes time. On the other hand, at home, no need to waste time on such issues. Individuals can watch TV at a living room while they are wearing their pajamas and lying at the couch. It is actually more convenient to do so, and also it can save our time to do other more important issues.

Finally, going outside to watch a live concert, play, or others is expensive. To buy tickets for the whole family is somewhat expensive. In addition, spending money on gas and for dinner may cost a lot because such events usually occur during night, so there will be no time to cook dinner at home. All these expenses we can save them to more important things that the family needs. Furthermore, if a movie was not good, then we waste our money even without any entertainment. However, watch these events at home would be much cheaper and if any event was boring, simply we can change the channel and watch another thing. Therefore, watching events at home on TV enables us to save our money.

To sum up, some people like to go to a live performance. For me, I enjoy watching events at home because of the family, money, and for my convenience. Thus it depends on the conditions of each one to do what is suitable to him or her.

to add some thrill
to add some thrills

No. of Words: 434 while No. of Different Words: 214 //Don't repeat words, phrases and sentences. like:

going outside to watch a live concert, play, or others is expensive. To buy tickets for the whole family is somewhat expensive.

Avg. Sentence Length: 16.074 21.0 //More compound or complex sentences wanted.

----------------------