Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parents’ job.Use specific reasons and examples to support you

Choosing a career is one of the difficult decisions that any person can make. Children should feel free to choose what they like not just to be a copy of their parents by working of the same career and that because of the following reasons.

To begin with, children should choose their career according to what their time requires. Nowadays there is a problem of unemployment; it is not easy to get a job. We live in a very competitive markets; children should choose a career that they can find an easy employment through it. For example, if a child wants to be accountant just like his father, it might not be easy today to find a vacant job as accountant. On the other hand, if the child choose to be an engineer within Information technology, it would be easy to him or her to find a job because nowadays our world highly depends on technology and there are a lot of chances to find a job in this field. Thus children should choose their career in accordance to what their time requires.

Choosing a job should be according to a desire and willingness. Working in a field that we love makes us creative and efficient, lets us develop and improve what we work on, and gives us opportunities to promote in this field. For example, if someone chooses to be a cardiologist as his mother, but he does not like this career, he would fail in it. In contrast if he chooses to be an astronaut because he loves space, he would be successful. He would be avid to study and research to gain a lot of information and create, invent, or discover new things. Therefore, to be successful, children should choose a career due to what they love not what their parents’ career is.

Depending on skills and abilities, children choose their careers. Some jobs need their employees to be intelligent; other jobs require some physical abilities; still others need some social skills. For example, if a father works as a football player because he has a good, healthy, strong muscular body, this does not mean that his son can be a football player in future even if both of them love this. If the son’s body is weak, he might not be able to play football as a professional, and might not be a successful athlete. As a result, career should be chosen in accordance to what someone has of abilities and skills.

To sum up, it is not necessary to choose a same career of parents. A career should suit a child aspirations, abilities, and requirements in his or her time. I recommend that no parents should force their children or choose instead of them. Children should choose what fits their desires and needs to be successful employees in future.

to choose a same career
to choose the same career

read TOEFL essays by this user:
http://www.testbig.com/users/ftn

who can use less sentences but still express same ideas.
----------------------