Home >> .

TPO-07 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

muzamil's picture

Marvelous is a person who is going to understand about facts instead He/She following the ideas and concept. Once someone attempt facts about somethings they would be able to build concepts and ideas for that things. In this point of view i disagree with the statement which states it is better for students to learn ideas and concept rather than facts, I feel this way for two main reasons. First, understand the facts will help the learners to speak confidently. Second, facts is not changeable like ideas and concepts do.
First of all, learners or students are shows high interest to follow concepts and ideas of others regarding something which may led them to darkness. For example, i would like to mention my friend which was the art and science student the day before his graduation ceremony he become faced to sort of questions in seminar. In spite of the fact, that he always followed the concepts and ideas of others regarding subjects he studied in the university so he could not provide accurate answers to the questions even he was not able to speak precisely with high volume.
Secondly, as many students believes that facts are not changeable in the way which ideas and concepts do changing. Evidences suggests that it is compulsory for learners to understand about facts of something. Perhaps, it would help to students more in their study aspects. For instances, if i counting about the formation of galaxy it is more precisely for me to go to read the facts about creation of galaxy instead of following the other ideas and concepts. On contrary, if i follow ideas of individuals regarding formation of galaxy and their ideas get wrong indeed it may put me down and also will make me away from the facts that how the Galaxy is formed.
In conclusion, learning about facts give chance to students keep their self conscious regarding somethings. First, they can build the concepts and ideas later by looking over to facts. In addition, facts do more help to students talk accurately about something.

Your rating: None Average: 6 (1 vote)