Home >> .

TPO-08 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed towards young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

hoangtuyet's picture

We are living in a modern society with the assistance of technology, which provides people with many tremendous things. Advertisers also take advantages of technologies to create many wonderful advertisements. We see a lot of them on magazines, television and many where else. Therefore, people question whether people should allow children at the age of two to five watch television advertising. In my opinion, I do not agree with this statement. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First of all, advertising may mislead children. We all know that advertisers always create ads that look more beautiful than they are in reality. Meanwhile, children around the age of two to five do not develop enough to distinguish which ones are fancy or real. Therefore, they usually believe what they see. My nephew is a compelling example of this case. He is four years now. He loves to watch advertising on television and following what figures do on television. One day he saw the adverting of cookies. It shown that after a little boy ate a cookie, he became a prince. My nephew believed that if he ate a cookie, he would be the same that boy. Therefore, he tried to ask his mother to have a cookie. However, after he consumed that cookie, he waited for some minutes to become a prince like it appears on the television. He could not see it happening. As a result, He was crying and disappointed a lot.
Alongside the elaborated reason above, another idea is noteworthy to consider is that children at the age of two to five, if they pay attention to the screen of television, their eyes will be hurt. It is no doubt that advertisers make their products look nice and vivid with the pictures and lively effects. These things attract the attention of children. Likewise, it seems to me that most children love to watch advertisements. They will keep their eyes on T.V. By doing so, the gland on their eyes will be dried out and it affects negatively on the ability of children’s vision.
In conclusion, people have their own opinions about the issue whether people should allow television advertising toward directly on children at the age of two to five. For two aforementioned reasons, I totally believe that people should not allow them to watch television advertising.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)