TPO 27- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying.Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans

PRACHI DAVE's picture

There is no doubt that, in today's sophisticated world, a job can affect many aspects of the human lifestyle. Every individual carries his own requirement when the person goes for the job interview. Some argue that people should never leave the opportunity if they get a secured job. While others have the opposite idea that job satisfaction is merely important than considering job security. From my perspective, the former view carries more weight. I take the position on account for the following reasons.

Primarily, the time and the opportunity will never wait for anyone and it is very important that people value those factors in their life. In a search for acquiring a suitable job, they may lose a good job opportunity in life. There may be a negative outcome to wait for a suitable time to get the perfect job. My own friend is a compelling example of this. My friend, Ravi is a virtual artist and he applied in numerous companies as soon as he was graduated from the university. He rejected so many offers from the reputed companies and did not accept any of the job offers because of his higher expectations. Now, he has been trying for the last two years and did not find the job which would match his high requirements. The offer, he has declined earlier was the best offer he received in his entire life, and he might be regretting his luck that he refused to part of that company. Thus, opportunity knocks only once, and you take the opportunity.

Furthermore, in today's higher competitions in the job market, it would be difficult to get a secure job. People are facing huge competitions among co-workers. It is not easy to maintain a single position at the same company for a long time. Additionally, the companies do not think twice before they fire their employees. My own example is a compelling example of this. I got the offer to work in a government hospital as a dentist as soon as I graduated as a dentist. I took that job even though I was looking for working in a private hospital. Today, I feel really satisfied because I have one of the most secured jobs among all my friends, and they are facing trouble in getting a job because of the saturated job market.

Moreover, people would have a stable life if they have a secured job. There are other factors which are important for an individual's life. To elaborate on this, people would have family responsibilities when they grow older. In such a situation, it would be hard for them in order to survive economically if a person loses a job. On the contrary, the secured job will never emerge in such a harsh situation. Therefore, it is necessary to take the decision wisely in life which may also affect the people living with us.

All in all, from all the aforementioned reasons, I strongly believe that people should always accept the job opportunity though it may not suitable for them at that time. This is because it is difficult to find a decent job and because people may not recognize the opportunity at that time and may feel guilty later in life.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)