TPO 4 _ Independent TaskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than today.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TPO 4 _ Independent Task
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than today.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people claim that there will be fewer cars in the streets after twenty years from now. I am of the opinion that transportation by personal vehicles plays a significant role in the future of the humans. Should people realize the importance of personal vehicles in their own welfare, they will ponder over it much more scrupulously. In the following paragraphs I will delve into the most important reasons to illustrate my viewpoint.
To begin with, it is axiomatic that during the past decades, much more people afforded to by a personal vehicle. In other words, in 1950s there were a few personal cars which were owned by some very rich families in the cities. But with the beginning of the twenty first century, even regular families could afford to buy a personal car. So as the statistics show during the past decades, the number of sold cars has always increased. Thus, I think the same thing will continue for the next two decades.
The second rationale why I advocate this point of view, lies in the fact that population of the world is increasing. That is to say, although population growth is low in the western countries, but in the developing countries have a high rate of birth which would continue for the new twenty year. This increase would result in more demand for new cars. For example in my country, which is a developing country with a very young population, the number of sold cars has increased during the last 5 years which is because of the increasing population, as experts say. Therefore, on no account can underrate the efficacy of population growth with regards to increasing cars on the streets.
The last but not the least reason supporting my perspective would be the indisputable fact that big car companies would never let this happen. It cannot be denied that these companies would use their money and power to avoid this reduction. Consider big companies like Benz and BMW which would use their advertising tools to attract much more customers. As a result, this reduction is a hard thing to happen till big international companies are unwilling to allow it to happen.
By taking all above-mentioned arguments into consideration, the following conclusion can be drawn about the issue. I strongly believe that a reduction in the number of cars on the streets will not happen during the next two decades. This is because more people will afford to buy a new car, the world’s population will increase and big companies would not let it happen.

You may not use those pattern sentences in TOEFL essays. The TOEFL people may figure them out.

---------------------