Essay topics: TPO 40.
Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
No one can deny that there are both positive and negative aspects of rewarding children with money for performing well in their academics. if I were forced to choose, I believe that students should be rewarded with money for obtaining a high grade in school. I firmly believe that the students would benefit, if they were rewarded with money for their academic achievements due to several reasons, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.
To begin with, offering money to school children for achieving high marks in test will instill in them , a sense of incentive for performing well. it will help the kids understand that they are being rewarded for their hard work and achievements, and hence, motivate them to perform well in their future examinations. rewarding the children with money will also give them the freedom to make their own choices and decide to buy whatever they want with the money, and hence, allow them to understand importance of financial management. I have to admit that my opinion on this subject is strongly influenced by my own personal experiences. For example, since I was a kid, my parents would always reward me with toys or money for performing well in my tests. this culture of rewarding motivated me to study well and put in longer hours of work to improve my scores. it helped me alleviate the pain and endurance during exam time, since, I knew that performing well would result in me being awarded with money. Moreover, as I got into higher classes, it helped me cope up with studies much better than the other students who had not put in the same effort as me during their childhood. For this reason, I believe that parents should reward their kids with money for performing well in their academics. if my parents had not rewarded me regularly for my hard work, I wouldn't have realized the importance of studying well.
Secondly, monetizing students' achievements in school will help the students in realizing how the real world works. since, the world runs on money, the students will understand the importance of money and the role money plays. students will realize that, in order to earn money, it is important for them to work hard and put in their best efforts, otherwise, they cannot succeed in life. Furthermore, it will also prepare the kids for their future roles in various fields of work. Drawing from my personal experience, my cousin's parents always bought him gifts and toys from a very young age, only if he scored good marks. one time, when my cousin performed poorly in his test, his parents did not bring him any gifts, though, he was very persistent and made a fuss. this example helped him realize that he would be rewarded only if he performed well. Therefore, it also helped in his career development and is now the youngest CEO of a multi-billion dollar company. if his parents hadn't helped him realize the importance of hard work through rewarding him, he wouldn't have peaked well in his career.
In light of the above mentioned reasons, I strongly believe that students should be rewarded with money for obtaining high grade in their school or college since, it provides them an incentive to perform well and also motivate them to work hard.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 21 hours ago||joyce05||60||Read full essay|
|6 days 1 min ago||shrjhn1234||76||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||p0uya||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||epidemiology1||68||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||negiin||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||kameice||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||amsar||66||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Tili||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||hasanatpo||76||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||ali.mosdegh||70||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? it is more important for students to understand concepts and ideas than its for them to learn facts. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (73)
- Toward the end of his life, the Chevalier de Seingalt (1725−1798) wrote a long memoir recounting hislife and adventures. The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure, but since he met many famouspeople, including kings and writers, his memoir has b (83)
- TOEFL T P O 08 - Integrated Writing Task (3)
- Dowsing is the millennia-old practice of finding hidden things. The most well-known activity of dowsing involves the use of a device such as a forked stick to locate underground water. To this end, the dowser walks slowly back and forth over an area of gr (80)
- There is nothing that an uneducated person can teach an educated person (70)
- Asthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typical sy (78)
- The widespread use of the Internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world? (73)
- One of the threats to endangered sea turtle species is the use of nets by commercial shrimp-fishing boats. When turtles get accidentally caught in the nets, they cannot rise to the surface of the ocean to breathe, and they die. Some people suggest that t (80)
- TOEFL essay:When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your position. (73)
- Investigations made at laboratories in the various parts of the world indicate that apes are capable of understanding language and using linguistic responses at the level of young children. just because these animals do not have the physical apparatus for (80)