Dog breeds developed as humans intentionally mated dogs with certain desirable traits to encourage those traits in the next generation. Through this process, dogs developed into distinct groups, with each group specializing in a skill such as hunting, he

Dog breeds developed as humans intentionally mated dogs with certain desirable traits to encourage those traits in the next generation. Through this process, dogs developed into distinct groups, with each group specializing in a skill such as hunting, herding, or guarding. Today, dog breeders apply the science of canine genetics to produce purebred dogs with characteristics suitable for the dog’s intended purpose. Purebred dogs are registered with a canine association such as the American Kennel Club. Breed registries ensure breed purity by documenting each dog’s ancestry, achievements, and working qualities.
The aim of dog breeding is to benefit dogs by enhancing their desirable traits. Breeders choose to mate dogs that best represent the breed in appearance, performance, or some other specific point. Careful selection increases the probability that the favorable characteristics will be conveyed genetically. Professional breeders love dogs and care about each dog they bring into the world. Breeders are expert in their breed and know the genetic history of each individual dog. They support and participate in program s that collect and maintain standardized information on the health of dogs. For these reasons, dog breeders not only improve dog breeds but also contribute to the welfare of all dogs.
Popular culture, dog shows, and other media foster public appreciation of various breeds. The films Rin Tin Tin and 101 Dalmatians made the German shepherd and the Dalmatian popular breeds for pets. Television has done the same for the collie, the Chihuahua, and the Jack Russell terrier. Dog shows educate the public and promote dog breeds. Websites and social media provide information about popular breeds and their suitability for various contexts. All of these things encourage responsible dog ownership.

Essay topics in audio

In the set of materials, the reading passage speaks about how humans intentionally alter the dog breeding in order to encourage dogs with desirable traits. However, the professor lists some of the problems caused by human interference in dog breeding and genetic order.

Firstly, the reading claims that human interference such as breed registrations ensure breed purity and help to produce dogs with suitable characteristics. However, the professor says that such acts led to exploitation and caused conflicts between science and ethics. Unqualified dog sellers, entitled backyard breeders, produce dogs with certain characteristics to make profit rather than for animal welfare.

Secondly, the reading states that the aim of dog breeding is to benefit dogs by enhancing their desirable traits. In contrast, the professor posits that human actions led to inbreeding and genetic disorder. Overuse of one dog gene may spread a disease in the dogs. For instance, weak bones, health conditions and more diseases are inherited through breeding.

Thirdly, the reading states that social media provides information about popular breeds and their suitability for various contests, all of which encourage responsible dog ownership. On the other hand, the professor states that human actions led to increase in the number of poppy males, and created the business of producing popular breeds. According to the professor, more unwanted dogs were produced and were killed in the shelters. In addition, popular culture caused adverse effects; for example, a dog was killed because it was not the expected cute dog. Therefore, such activities did not encourage responsible dog ownership, and led to ugly acts against animal welfare.

human interference such as breed registrations ensure breed purity and help to
human interferences such as breed registrations ensure breed purity and help to
human interference such as breed registrations ensures breed purity and helps to

human actions led to increase in the number of poppy males,
human actions led to the increase in the number of poppy males,