The reading claims that bringing in someone from outside the corporation offers many advantages and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor states that there are many drawbacks by hiring externally and refutes each of the author's reasons.
First, the article avers that individuals from outside the company bring new ideas and perspectives. On the other hand, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that they will not bring any new ideas. In fact, he provides an example to illustrate this. He says that a local restaurant had hired externally and the new employee changed the quality of meat that the restaurant used. Actually, the new employee used meat that is treated chemically. The customers learned about that and they stop coming to the restaurant, they were loyal to it since they knew that the restaurnat uses natural meat.
Second, the article posits that the cost of external hiring is significantly reduced. In contrast, the professor casts doubt on this point by stating that this point is misguided. He states that hiring externally requires time because a new employee needs time to make relationship with other employee and to corporate with culture of the company, so the productivity will be reduced. However, an internal employee needs just training time because he had already adapted to the rules of the company.
Third, the passage asserts that hiring externally will avoid unnecessary conflicts that may hurt the ability of a company to function well. Conversely, the professor counters this point by explaining that external hiring serves to increase frustration among the employees. He mentions that executive position is rarely present so, hiring from outside will help to conflict between internal employees because they didn't have the opportunity to be in this position, and this will hurt tha company.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. 80
- 3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child’s success in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 85
- Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer. 70
- do you agree or disagree/ In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at a young age 80
- Do agree or disagree? when teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work a lone on projects. 80
with other employee and to corporate with culture of the company
with other employees and to corporate with the culture of the company
Sentence: The customers learned about that and they stop coming to the restaurant, they were loyal to it since they knew that the restaurnat uses natural meat.
Error: restaurnat Suggestion: restaurant
Sentence: He mentions that executive position is rarely present so, hiring from outside will help to conflict between internal employees because they didn't have the opportunity to be in this position, and this will hurt tha company.
Error: tha Suggestion: the
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 25 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 15 12
No. of Words: 298 250
No. of Characters: 1525 1200
No. of Different Words: 151 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.155 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.117 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.581 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 113 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 97 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 58 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.867 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.392 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.8 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.331 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.545 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.154 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4