Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first

The article is about the schools system in United State which grades students according to their age. The professor cast doubt on the accuracy of this system and provides three reasons of support .

First, the reading claims that students will be graded according to their chronological age.The professor criticizes this point by saying that students in the same age will show different stage of learning and understanding , some students are not ready to go to school , even though their age indicates that they are ready. Moreover, in teenage , boys and girls are not similar in understanding , but they go to intermediate school at the same age.

Second, the article posits that students who do not meet the requirement should repeat the year. The speaker criticizes this issue by explaining that students will be negatively affected , and show lower performance . He states that evaluation group rather than individual is not accurate.

In Addition, The professor insisted that some students need more time to understand certain topics. In contrast, some other students of the same age might already mastered that topic. As a result, students who learned fast would wait for the new topics to be ready for the whole grade.