The article states that importance of hydroelectric power and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that hydro power has its own advantages and refutes each of authors's reasons.
First, the reading claims that hydro power is helpful for the people who needs more energy at certain time of the day. Further, it helps to grow fisheries with the help of stored water . It attracts tourists and supports local residents. The professor refutes this point by saying that usually in the dam area water floods. He states that when this situation occurs people needs to move from their traditional place. And this is always controversial.
Second, the article posits that hydro electicity is 'clean and green.' It doesn't use fossil fuels to produce energy so less effect on surrounding. However, the professor says that there are many long term hazards due to collection of water. Long time still water deposits debry and toxic waste. It shows destruction after many years. That means our future generation needs to pay lot of money to clean this waste. And professor also mentions that this accumulated water is not very good for fish and insects. Over the time there is less fish so the migrating birds get lack of food problem. This leads in less birds population.
Third, the reading states that water is the only fuel in this power generation process it helps in water cycle where it rains. The Professor opposes this point by explaining weather changes. He states that if there is climate change, means no rain after few years. In this case we can not rely on water as only fuel source to generate energy.
- Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 80
- In many organizations perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages First of all a group of people has a wider range of knowledge exper 95
- Keeping animals in captivity is cruel. There is no reason for zoo to exist in the 21 century.How far you agree or disagree with this opinion? 33
- Car manufacturers and governments have been eagerly seeking a replacement for the automobile's main source of power, the internal-combustion engine. By far the most promising alternative source of energy for cars is the hydrogen-based fuel-cell engine, wh 60
- Toward the end of his life, the Chevalier de Seingalt (1725-1798) wrote a long memoir recounting his life and adventures. The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure, but since he met many famous people, including kings and writers, his memoir has b 90
for the people who needs more energy
for the people who need more energy
people needs to move from their traditional place.
people need to move from their traditional places.
if there is climate change
if there is a climate change
Sentence: Second, the article posits that hydro electicity is 'clean and green.' It doesn't use fossil fuels to produce energy so less effect on surrounding.
Error: electicity Suggestion: electricity
Sentence: Long time still water deposits debry and toxic waste.
Error: debry Suggestion: ?
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 23 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 20 12
No. of Words: 278 250
No. of Characters: 1322 1200
No. of Different Words: 164 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.083 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.755 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.291 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 78 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 56 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 32 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 24 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 13.9 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.504 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.45 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.274 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.45 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.062 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4