Integrated essay. TPO 15

Integrated essay. TPO 15

The professor refutes the idea proposed in the passage. She is of the view that none of the approaches could stop the spread of cane toad in Australia.

First of all, the author supposes that a national fence could be useful for block the advance of the toads. However, the professor argues that young cane toads and toad eggs could be sent from on side to the other side of the fence by the river flow, and then establish a new habitat in the side that have not yet be colonized by cane toads. Thus, this is not an effective way.

Secondly, according to the passage, some volunteers could be expected to capture and destroy the toads. For this, the professor contradicts that this operation could even damage the native frog populations. She explains that without training, hardly could volunteers better distinguish the cane toad from the native endangered frog, especially in their young age.

Lastly, the lecturer points out an unpredictable outcome of the writer's opinion that specially designed virus could control the cane toad populations in Australia. She states that this method would harm the ecosystem in Central and South America. And she further illustrates that this virus could be carried by pet collector or others to Central and South America and spread in the cane toads' native habitat consequently devastate ecosystem there.

could be useful for block
could be useful to block

the professor contradicts that
Description: Check out books how to use 'contradict'

Sentence: However, the professor argues that young cane toads and toad eggs could be sent from on side to the other side of the fence by the river flow, and then establish a new habitat in the side that have not yet be colonized by cane toads.
Description: The tag a preposition is not usually followed by on
Suggestion: Refer to from and on