Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss a plan to develop a land in downtown between a lake and bay. The article states the land will beautify and improve the area. However, the lecture opposes specific points made in the reading passage. The professor is against the plan.

The first point the professor makes is that the land will destroy the view of the dwellers. He proposes an alternative for that. He says about to convert the land because it belongs to everyone. This point opposes the point made in the reading. The latter states that the land will motivate people to live in the area.

Furthermore, the professor points out that the houses will become too expensive. He explains that it is a crazy idea and unfair. To illustrate, he says that the workers in the neighborhood will not be able to afford the situation. This opposes the point from the passage. According to the reading, the land will help the growing of the city. The plan will improve the appearance of the area.

Finally, the lecture states the opposition is due to the construction in the past. As the speaker has it, the construction was just to make money, which created a non-balance in the economy making people losing their habit. He says that the city is supposed to have more green space not less. This point opposes the key point from the reading. According to the article, the plan will benefit the economy of the city.