The reading is about frog species population reduction and it’s serious afterward for the ecosystems. The passage provided three proposals for solving the problem of declining frog populations. Conversely, in the lecture the professor holds a totally different view that none of those proposals are practical solutions and points to inaccuracies in each of them.
First of all, the article claims that there should be a regulation that prohibits the use of pesticides which are harmful to frogs. However, the professor explains that this way is not economical practical due to the dependency of farmers on pesticides. Though pesticides are essential in farming, the fewer farmers use pesticides, the more they lose corps. As a result, preventing regulation effects adversely in the farmers market.
Secondly, the reading asserts a treatment for frog’s skin caused by fungus is effective. The professor refutes this point by saying that this idea is critically complicated. Treatments should be done individually on each frog which is seriously difficult on a large scale. Moreover, this treatment is not permanent and should be applied for each generation which makes it more complicated and expensive.
Thirdly, the article posits that excessive water produced by human activities threaten frog’s wetland habitats. On the other hand, the professor explains that the main threat is global warming, not polluted water. According to her, global warming causes the elimination of water in some wetlands, which leads to the extinction of the entire species. Therefore, wasted humans water in comparison with ongoing habitat losses resulted from global warming is negligible.
- TPO-34 - Independent Writing TaskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cell phone, online games, and social networking Web site.Us83
- TPO 39 - Independent taskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past it was easier to identify what type of career or job would lead to a secure, successful future.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.76
- Which one of the following options is a better choice to help you gain confidence when speaking in the classroom the community and the workplace Why Practicing your speech before the presentation Using techniques and methods Learning from others experienc85
- TPO 35- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Famous entertainers and athletes deserve to have more privacy than they have now.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.70
- TPO 44 Integrated Writing Task71
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 12
No. of Words: 257 250
No. of Characters: 1382 1200
No. of Different Words: 149 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.004 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.377 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.766 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 114 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 91 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 62 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 51 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.133 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 4.177 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.6 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.308 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.308 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.089 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 1 4