TPO 02 Integrated Writing Task In many organizations perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages First of all a group of people has a

TPO-02 - Integrated Writing Task
In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. First of all, a group of people has a wider range of knowledge,expertise, and skills than any single individual is likely to possess. Also, because of the numbers of people involved and the greater resources they possess, a group can work more quickly in response to the task assigned to it and can come up with highly creative solutions to problems and issues. Sometimes these creative solutions come about because a group is more likely to make risky decisions that an individual might not undertake. This is because the group spreads responsibility for a decision to all the members and thus no single individual can be held accountable if the decision turns out to be wrong.
Taking part in a group process can be very rewarding for members of the team. Team members who have a voice in making a decision will no doubt feel better about carrying out the work that is entailed by the decision than they might doing work that is imposed on them by others. Also, the individual team member has a much better chance to “shine”, to get his or her contributions and ideas not only recognized but recognized as highly significant, because a team’s overall results can be more far-reaching and have greater impact than what might have otherwise been possible for the person to accomplish or contribute working alone.

The reading and the lecture are talking about a way to approach certain new projects in many organizations, which is team working. The reading talks about many advantages of that. However, the lecture has different opinion that is shown in an example about one of the companies.
First, the reading says that team members have wider knowledge and skills, which allow them to take risky decisions, that lead to creative solutions. In addition to that their performance will be quicker due to higher number of workers. In contrast, the lecture says that in his example, the work was not quick because they spend a lot of time trying to arrange time for meeting, and the also had many meeting to have an agreement between team members.
Second, the reading says that team working is rewarding to all members. It says that for those who prefer to take decision, they will feel better about carrying out the work that they decide rather than doing a worh that imposed on them by others. In the other hand, all team members have a chance to contribute and to be recognized due to far-reaching result of the team. According to the professor, the recognition was not for the members who did a good job, but it was for the whole team, so they had a bad feeling about that. He adds that in the team, there were two or three influncers who affected the whole team work. When they had a positive thinking about an idea, they will push the team to do it, but in the other hand, if they were against the idea, they will drop it even if it was the good one, and even if the team members were with it.