TPO-04 - Integrated Writing Task Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep their body temperatures constant.
The article states that there are several evidence, which prove that unlike reptiles, dinosaurs were endotherms. The author provides three reasons to support this allegation. However, the professor explains that these reasons are not appropriate to support this idea, and studies have shown that the dinosaurs were not endotherms. The professor refutes each of the author's reasons.
First of all, the reading claims that while most dinosaur fossils have been found in Polar Regions, these creatures must be endotherms due to only endotherms can stay alive in cold weather. The professor, refutes this point by saying that this would not be a suitable reason because during the period, when these animals used to live, the weather was warmer than today. Also, when climate became colder, they used to move to warmer areas or sleep deeply during the whole cold season.
Secondly, the article posits that as the dinosaurs' body shape, specifically the place their legs located, were same as the endotherms, they probably were endotherms. However, the professor says that locating their legs beneath their body has different reasons. According to the professor, the legs were under the dinosaur body due to tolerate their weight, not running faster, the reason which the author mentioned about being endotherms' legs under their body.
Third, the reading says that these animals' bone structure and existence of same canals both in the endotherms' bodies and dinosaurs would be another reason to support the author's idea. The professor opposes this point by explaining that the growth rings in the dinosaurs' bones tell us something different. We also learn that those rings show the cycles of growing in the dinosaurs' bodies. The growth rings' thickness become thick in cold weathers and be thin in warmer climates. So, this issue can present us the fact that the dinosaurs had less growth rate during the cold weathers, unlike endotherms.
|2023-02-02||chrisgooo__||80||Read full essay|
|2021-10-16||ali.hasani1992||70||Read full essay|
|2021-07-21||ali.hasani1992||80||Read full essay|
|2018-10-22||anoynimus||61||Read full essay|
|2018-10-21||Velda||73||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement At universities and colleges sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans70
- In today s world it is more important to work quickly and risk making mistakes than to work slowly and make sure that everything is correct70
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer70
- TPO 1 integrated writing70
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cell phones online games and social networking Web sites Use specific reasons and examples t76
No. of Words: 311 250
Write the essay in 20 minutes.
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 22 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 15 12
No. of Words: 311 250
No. of Characters: 1582 1200
No. of Different Words: 154 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.199 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.087 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.267 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 115 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 83 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 51 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 35 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 20.733 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.793 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.533 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.365 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.585 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.151 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4