The reading and the speaker discuss the use of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico as early twelfth century called great houses from different perspectives. The speaker negates all the theories that the article has mentioned. He says that none of those ideas are convincing.
First of all, the author of the reading points out that the great houses were residential. Each house contained about hundreds of people. This point is challenged by the speaker. He restates the fact that looking outside the houses people might think those houses were residential. However, inside the houses there were few fire places. This point demonstrates that the great houses were not places for living.
Secondly, the author of the reading contends that the great houses could be used to store grain maize. The speaker rebuts this argument by saying that people excavated the great houses, but they did not see any trace of grain maize and containers on the floor of the great houses. Thus, the mention of the article is wrong.
Finally, the author of the reading states that the great houses could be used for ceremonial centers because archaeologists recognized a pile of old material. The speaker on the other hand, opposes this point by saying that excavation shown that there is no ceremony that held in the great houses. The mound that the reading declares were stones, sands and some construction materials that people left when they built the great houses.
- TPO-23 - Integrated Writing Task Populations of the yellow cedar, a species of tree that is common in northwestern North America, have been steadily declining for more than a century now, since about 1880. Scientists have advanced several hypotheses expla 78
- TPO-28 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 70
- TPO-17 - Integrated Writing Task In the past century, the steady growth of the human population and the corresponding increase in agriculture and pesticide use have caused much harm to wildlife in the United States,birds in particular. Unfortunately for b 78
- TPO-15 - Integrated Writing Task The cane toad is a large (1.8 kg) amphibian species native to Central and South America. It was deliberately introduced to Australia in 1935 with the expectation that it would protect farmers' crops by eating harmful insec 65
- TPO-07 - Integrated Writing Task In an effort to encourage ecologically sustainable forestry practices, an international organization started issuing certifications to wood companies that meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recyclin 66
Transition Words or Phrases used:
but, finally, first, however, if, look, second, secondly, so, thus, first of all, on the other hand
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 11.0 10.4613686534 105% => OK
Auxiliary verbs: 3.0 5.04856512141 59% => OK
Conjunction : 4.0 7.30242825607 55% => More conjunction wanted.
Relative clauses : 14.0 12.0772626932 116% => OK
Pronoun: 23.0 22.412803532 103% => OK
Preposition: 24.0 30.3222958057 79% => OK
Nominalization: 4.0 5.01324503311 80% => OK
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 1204.0 1373.03311258 88% => OK
No of words: 241.0 270.72406181 89% => More content wanted.
Chars per words: 4.99585062241 5.08290768461 98% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.94007293032 4.04702891845 97% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.37960202783 2.5805825403 92% => OK
Unique words: 130.0 145.348785872 89% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.539419087137 0.540411800872 100% => OK
syllable_count: 351.9 419.366225166 84% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.5 1.55342163355 97% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 4.0 3.25607064018 123% => OK
Article: 9.0 8.23620309051 109% => OK
Subordination: 0.0 1.25165562914 0% => More adverbial clause wanted.
Conjunction: 1.0 1.51434878587 66% => OK
Preposition: 1.0 2.5761589404 39% => More preposition wanted as sentence beginning.
Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 15.0 13.0662251656 115% => OK
Sentence length: 16.0 21.2450331126 75% => The Avg. Sentence Length is relatively short.
Sentence length SD: 45.0706112672 49.2860985944 91% => OK
Chars per sentence: 80.2666666667 110.228320801 73% => OK
Words per sentence: 16.0666666667 21.698381199 74% => OK
Discourse Markers: 6.6 7.06452816374 93% => OK
Paragraphs: 4.0 4.09492273731 98% => OK
Language errors: 0.0 4.19205298013 0% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 9.0 4.33554083885 208% => Less positive sentences wanted.
Sentences with negative sentiment : 3.0 4.45695364238 67% => OK
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 3.0 4.27373068433 70% => OK
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.307755849943 0.272083759551 113% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.107268203378 0.0996497079465 108% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.0644797048177 0.0662205650399 97% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.18899342137 0.162205337803 117% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0365375085176 0.0443174109184 82% => OK
automated_readability_index: 10.2 13.3589403974 76% => Automated_readability_index is low.
flesch_reading_ease: 63.7 53.8541721854 118% => OK
smog_index: 3.1 5.55761589404 56% => Smog_index is low.
flesch_kincaid_grade: 8.4 11.0289183223 76% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 11.42 12.2367328918 93% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 7.71 8.42419426049 92% => OK
difficult_words: 50.0 63.6247240618 79% => More difficult words wanted.
linsear_write_formula: 5.5 10.7273730684 51% => Linsear_write_formula is low.
gunning_fog: 8.4 10.498013245 80% => OK
text_standard: 8.0 11.2008830022 71% => OK
What are above readability scores?
Rates: 78.3333333333 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 23.5 Out of 30
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.