TPO-06 - Integrated Writing Task Communal online encyclopedias represent one of the latest resources to be found on the Internet. They are in many respects like traditional printed encyclopedias collections of articles on various subjects. What is specifi

The topic is about the online encyclopedias. The reading passage listed three drawbacks of online encyclopedias compared to traditional one. These three disadvantages are reputed by the lecture respectfully.

First, the reading passage indicates that online encyclopedias are inaccurate because of the lack of academic credentials while traditional one are written by experts. However, the lecture argues that no encyclopedia is perfect, neither online or traditional version. It's much easier for online version to correct errors than the traditional one.

Second, the reading passage concerns about some unofficial users compromising the original content of the online encyclopedias. In the lecture the professor provides two ways to protect original content of online version from being corrupted. The first one is to have the crucial elements of the original content unchangeable by putting them into a format that no one can change. The second solution is to have a special editor monitoring the content. They are responsible for correcting and deleting those information that is being changed.

Third, the reading passage criticized the focus of the online encyclopedias, which may mislead the population. However, the professor regards this feature as a huge advantage of online version as the great range of information accurately reflect the diversity of the population interest, while the traditional encyclopedias only contains what experts think is important.

while traditional one are written by experts
while traditional ones are written by experts

neither online or traditional version.
neither online nor traditional version.
either online or traditional version.

encyclopedias only contains what experts think is important.
encyclopedias only contain what experts think is important.

----------------------