Tpo 1 integrated writing

Tpo-1 integrated writing

The reading and lecture have conflicting opinions about whether or not the individual companies and workers will benefit from the option of a four-day workweek. The article strongly postulates that the mandatory policy benefits the economy of companies and the well-being of employees. On the other hand, the listening adamantly delineates that the four-day workweek idea will not affect the economy, and it may even harm employees and companies in some ways because of several compelling reasons.
First and foremost, according to the author of the excerpt, the company profits will rise because their staff will be rested and alert in their workspace, so they will not make any costly damaging mistakes in their work. Hiring more workers to permit the exact amount of work to be done would not create more payroll costs since the employees who chose a four-day working week will be paid eighty percent of their usual salary. Nonetheless, the lecture offsets these points by declaring that this policy will force companies to spend more. Hiring additional workers will need training and medical benefits, so companies will need to spend the same amount of money as they used to do when their employees used to work 5 days a week. Also, new employees will require companies to provide more working space and computers. These additional costs would quickly cut into company profits.

On top of this, the professor in the listening points out that as hiring new staff is costly, companies can suggest workers work overtime to make up the difference. In addition, companies will start to expect four-day workers to do the same amount of work that would be done in 5 days. Consequently, this attitude toward employees will create an unpleasant working condition. These indications refute the writer's implications of how working four days a week reduces unemployment rates. If people start working fewer working hours, their workload will have to be shifted to others.

The text lastly insists that individual employees who can get more free time at the expense of their high salary could improve the condition of their lives by spending more time with their family and enjoying themselves. The speaker in the lecture counters these indications by asserting that this work policy will risk workers' quality of life, decrease their job stability, harm their chances to advance their careers. The workers who work four days a week will be the first to lose their job. Furthermore, Companies might start to prefer employees who work five days a week to ensure their continuous coverage and consistent supervision.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.