tpo 11 q1

tpo 11 q1

In this set of materials, the reading passage claims that people nowadays read less literatures than the past which may lead to bad effects on the culture, public reading and the literature as well. While, in the listening, the professor casts doubt on what is presented in the text and rejects each of the authors' reasons.

First, it is clearly stated in the text that the sharp decline in the reading of literature book have bad effect on the imaginations ability of people and they miss the best important benefits of reading. However, the professor believes that this view is problematic. She explains that the people read science, history and policy book which are written in a high quality and in a creative manner. Therefore, this kind of books also benefit the people in many aspects and help their imaginations.

In addition, the professor disagrees with this point of text that people wast their time by watching TV, listening to music and other activities like this. She points out that the culture is changed nowadays and the TV shows, movies, musics, videos should be considered as the new source of culture. Furthermore, she assersts that this new materials have a wide range of advantages for the culture and they never wast their time by using them.

Finally, although in the text it is mentioned that the quality of the literatures are high todays and it is the fault of reader that do not focuse on them, the professor subscribes this view. She states that the new literatures are difficult for the readers to understand, so it should be the fualt of authors not readers. If they write as the ordinary people can interpret the meaning of the books, the reader would be attracted more to literature as a result the authors gain more supports.

the sharp decline in the reading of literature book have bad effect
the sharp decline in the reading of literature book has bad effects

and it is the fault of reader that do not focuse on them,
and it is the fault of readers who do not focus on them,

Sentence: First, it is clearly stated in the text that the sharp decline in the reading of literature book have bad effect on the imaginations ability of people and they miss the best important benefits of reading.
Suggestion: Refer to imaginations and ability

Sentence: Furthermore, she assersts that this new materials have a wide range of advantages for the culture and they never wast their time by using them.
Error: assersts Suggestion: asserts

Sentence: Finally, although in the text it is mentioned that the quality of the literatures are high todays and it is the fault of reader that do not focuse on them, the professor subscribes this view.
Error: focuse Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: She states that the new literatures are difficult for the readers to understand, so it should be the fualt of authors not readers.
Error: fualt Suggestion: fault