TPO-13 - Integrated Writing Task Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other lar

Fifi13's picture

The reading and lecture both discuss the fossils and the right to either sell them to riche collectors or exhibit them in museums.

first of all the author claims that fossils are prone to be traded in black business, thus be monopolize by riches instead be published in museums so everyone has the possibility to enjoy them, in other hand the lecturer believe that trading fossils is not necessary a waste, in contrast it may help scientists to discover a new fossils that by their own can’t find them.

Secondly, the author states that comerchials are untrained or uninterested to deal careful with fragile fossils so they may destroy an important evidence that helps scientists to discover a new precious informations and he stated the position of oviraptor in dinausors’s nest as an example,
Otherwise the lecturer point out in the fact that it is better for universities, institutions and scientists to have many discovers even sometimes damaged instead having few discovers.