TPO 15 – task 1

TPO 15 – task 1

The professor discusses the control of cane toad's population in Australia and explains why the proposed solutions are not applicable. As the professor said, it is not easy to get rid of the spread toads as the article indicates. The information she presents is in direct contrast to the facts outlined in the reading passage.

First, the speaker makes the point that fence is not effective in preventing toads from moving into those parts of Australia, since the fence can not hold back the eggs that exist in the water. According to the professor, only a few eggs, which can be carried over the fence by water waves, are enough to expand the population of cane toad.

Second, the lecturer posits that untrained volunteers may stop the spreading of cane toads, but they also can destroy the native endangered frogs. Since these frogs are so young, these frogs can be devastated if the volunteers will not be careful in their effort to capture and destroy the toads.

Third, the professor specifies that the virus solution could lead to a catastrophic disaster. According to the professor, researchers and pet collectors usually transport some of toads to US; hence, the infected toads can harm other native toads in their natural habitat and cause an ecological disaster. Indeed the virus, aimed to destroy toads in Australia might eliminate their whole habitat in the US.

Need reading messages too to compare.