TPO 20 – task 2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they already know how to do well.

TPO 20 – task 2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they already know how to do well.

In today's world, reaching success in life is very challenging. It not only requires careful planning and high level of knowledge, but also it needs venturing. Some people agree that successful people try new things and take risks instead of only doing things that fit in their expertise; some others, however, disagree. From my perspective, I disagree with the statement and here are my justifications.

The first advantage in doing what we already know how to do well is that we can be more productive. Since we know the rules and regulations, we can make superior decisions about our business. Having enough experience is also very vital in becoming successful in our life. For example, my uncle is the CEO of an international trading company. His business is very prosperous because he knows all the details about import and export regulations and legal contracts. Each year, his revenue increase due to substantial experiences he gets in his business. In summary, his experiences assist him to be more productive.

The second advantage is saving time. Countless people lose their valuable time by taking risk and trying new things, which finally result loss of money and time. Undeniably, it takes time to become familiar with a new business; and in some scenarios, a person might fail and have to declare bankruptcy several times until become successful in a business. Consequently, starting a business in our expertise is beneficial, because we spent our time gaining experience instead of wasting time and money.

Having discussed this issue from this point of view, I rather look at it from another viewpoint. A growing body of examples from history indicates that numerous successful people took risk in order to become successful. For instance, Steve Jobs quit university and used all the money he had saved to start the Apple company. Unquestionably, taking risk and luck, to some extent, contribute to success.

All in all, although some sophisticated individuals may reject my point of view, I reiterate that not taking risk is a better policy based on the arguments made in the body paragraphs.

It not only requires careful planning and high level of knowledge, but also it needs venturing.
It not only requires careful planning and high level of knowledge, but also needs venturing.