TPO 19 - Integrated TOEFL essay

TPO 19 - Integrated TOEFL essay

In this set of materials, the reading passage claims that advertisers are using a new advertising method, namely buzzing, in which the company hires some people to introduce a product to people in a normal daily conversations without confessing that they are paid by companies and brings up some reasons to show that buzzing is controversial and should be banned. However, the lecturer believes that the reasons are misleading and provides some evidence to refute them all.

First, the author of the passage states that buzzers get paid to praise the product but they do not tell the truth to the people who expect correct information. On the contrary, the lecturer who is a real buzzer disagrees with the idea and declares that companies find the people who use their products and think that it is a good product. Although they are paid, they relate the truth. For example, the lecturer explains his own situation that he believes that the phone services that he uses is good, and that is why the company has hired him.

Furthermore, it is mentioned in the reading passage that people listen to the buzzers' endorsements less critically. In contrast, the speaker contends that it is exactly the opposite and the consumers ask a lot of questions about the price of the product, its services, and how long the buzzer has been using it. Therefore, the customers do not believe what the buzzers tell to them and if the advertiser does not have a good answer to the questions, the consumers will not buy the product.

Finally, the reading passage asserts that buzzing harms the social relationship because once people become aware of misleading information by the buzzers, they will lose their trust to other people in the society. Conversely, the lecturer states that civilization is not negatively affected by this new method of advertising because the buzzers are sincere and when people use the offered product, they will have a good experience of using the product and will trust more to their surrounding people. Additionally, companies cannot recruit the people if their product is not good.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.