tpo 20 task1

tpo 20 task1

In this set of material the reading passage is about a policy, which is named "let it burned" about the fire in the forests, and disadvantage and negative effect of that; on the other hand, the listening passage is a lecture by a professor about the reading passage which disagrees the mentioned information in the reading passage.

According to the reading passage, writer believes that the mentioned policy has bad effect on plants and trees in Yellowstone national park, which is a specific area in the United States. To explain more, writer said that the trees and plants in that park are effected by fire, and, as a result, the huge number of them are destroyed. However, professor believes that this is not a bad effect at all. To clarify, she believes that the fire prepared new rooms for new specific kind of plants and trees, and it is a good effect because old plants are disappeared, and, instead, new plants are grown.

According to the reading passage, writer also believes that some animals lost their habitats and some other were not able to escape, and it is not a good effect at all. On the other hand, professor believes that, like the plants and trees, it is a good situation for new animals to grow up there.

Finally, writer believes that the local businesses are highly effected because of the fire, because of lack of visitors; moreover, he believes that the fire is responsible in loosing visitors and local businesses suffer as a result. In contrast, professor believes that this problem happened only in the first year, and not for every year after the first year of forest fire.

are effected by fire
are affected by fire

are highly effected
are highly affected

is responsible in loosing visitors
is responsible in losing visitors