TPO 22 integrated Ethanol is as like as gasoline with no benefits

TPO 22, integrated. Ethanol is as like as gasoline with no benefits.

The article asserts that ethanol functions as loike as gasoline with no further benefits. The professor rejects this declaration and claims that the three explanations of the author are not convincing. He believes ethanol is a good alternative for gasoline. In the following, his justifications, used to shed light on this controversial issue, will be discussed thoroughly.

First of all, the passage insists that ethanol does not have any positive effect on global warming issue. The lecturer, on the other hand, posits that this fuel does not add anything harmful in terms of global warming even though it releases CO2 in atmosphere. As ethanol is made of corn, the growth of this plant somehow counteracts the release of CO2. As the professor mentioned, plants generally absorb CO2 as a food source; therefore, the process of their growth reduces CO2 in the air.

Secondly, the essay upholds that the production of ethanol decreases the food resources of herbivorous animals. The teacher opposes this notion, mainly because he declares that ethanol comes from cellulose which is the main component of cell walls in plants. Animals usually are not able to eat this part of plants. Thus, by exploiting it for production of ethanol, there would not be any food shortage for animals.

Tertiary, the reading claims that gasoline price is more attractive than ethanol's owing to the help of the United States government. The teacher overthrows this idea insomuch as he believes ethanol can compete with other fuels from the price perspective. Although subsidies have made the price of gasoline relatively cheaper than ethanol, it will not be required if people tend to exploit ethanol more. According to supply and demand principle of fuels, the more ethanol is produced, the lower its price will go. It is realized that if the production of ethanol increases threefold, the cost of it will drop for 40% for each unit.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.