TPO 25

TPO 25

In this set of materials, the reading and the speaker discuss the possible application of the set of clay jars found in Iraq. Although the reading rejects that these vessels could not be a battery which used for producing electricity, The speaker refutes this idea through several reasons which I will describe in this reporter.

First, the reading argues that the vessel had been excavated without other material such as metal wires, so these vessels would not produce electricity without wires or other things. However, the professor believes that these vessels were discovered by local people, not archaeologists; hence, the local people would not recognize the importance of wires or other materials. Furthermore, the wires may not attract the local people, and they may though them out or overlook them.

Furthermore, unlike the passage which states that the cooper cylinder with discovered is as the same as the copper cylinder discovered in the ruins of Seleucia. These cylinders were used for holding scrolls of sacred texts, so the cooper cylinder that discovered in Iraq would use for the same purpose. The professor argues that it is true that the vessels are the same each other, but the vessel not design for a single aim. The ancient people would use iron near the vessel for producing electricity. And, someone may have discovered that these cylinders could produce electricity in some ways. He adds that maybe batteries were discovered accidentally in this process.

Finally, although the reading passage says that ancient people may not know how to use electricity, and the batterie would have been completely useless to them. The speaker disagrees by mentioning that the people knew the electrical power as the magic power. When people touch the batteries they became shocked, and they believed that this power was magic power. Also, they would use this power for curing or healing. When the ancient doctor wanted to cure, they used electric power for healing without pain.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.