Tpo 35 integrated

Tpo 35 integrated

In the set of material, the reading and the lecture both talk about the advantages of smart cars, which virtually drive themselves. The reading claims that smart cars have several advantages, which is good for human and it gives three reasons for the claim. However, the lecture casts doubt on the benefits of smart cars by opposes each reason mentioned in the passage.

First, the author asserts that smart cars will prevent many accidents, thereby saving lives. In contrast, the professor says smart cars still get some accidents. The advanced devices may fail occasionally in their procedure. The roads would be packed with more cars, if any accident will happen it will involve more cars than the conventional cars. Hence, there is a no reason to believe that smart cars will decrease accidents and injuries.

Second, the article posits that with the wider use of smart cars, traffic problems will practically disappear. On the other hand, the lecture says that the history shows, whenever any convenient innovation happens, people easily accept it. People will use more smart cars and there would be additional number of cars on the roads than today, so people would not able to save their time. In sum, people won’t able to take advantage of high speed due to the traffic problem.

Third, the passage states that smart cars will bring a reduction in the cost of driving. While the professor opposes the reason by saying that smart cars are not at acceptable price. They are very expensive and the other technology cost like the sensor of the car is more expensive. When people would require repairing it, the maintenance cost would be higher than the conventional cars. Thus, smart cars will not help to save money.

by opposes each reason mentioned in the passage.
by opposing each reason mentioned in the passage.