TPO 4

TPO 4

The reading claims that there are three facts to show the dinosaurs were actually endotherms. The professor, however, explains that the reasons do not prove the dinosaurs were endotherms.

First of all, fossils of dinosaurs have been discovered by researchers in Polar Regions and because of that, they could maintain the temperature of their bodies in such cold climates. In contrast, the lecturer specifies that the climate of Polar Regions were much warmer in comparison to today. Moreover, if the weather get too cold the dinosaurs could migrate to warmer area and maintain their temperature through hibernating.

Second, based on the reading, the legs of dinosaurs are beneath their body to enable animals to run which is a characteristic of modern endotherms. Nevertheless, the man asserts that the position of legs does not necessarily show the dinosaurs are endotherms and there is another explanation. The position of the leg under the body explains that the dinosaurs can support more weight and get larger which is advantageous for these animals.

Third, according to reading, the existence of Haversian Canals in dinosaurs fossils shows that they are endotherms. On the contrary, the professor claims that fossilized bones of dinosaurs truly contain Haerian canals but it also has grown rings that show periods of dinosaurs growing. According to it, the growth rate of dinosaurs was rapid and slow and since the endotherms always have a fast-growing speed, the dinosaurs are not endotherms.