TPO 11

TPO 11

The reading specifies that young people read less literature which is troublesome for the future of literature and provide three main reasons. The professor, however, implies that there are other sources that can exercise the imagination of young people and it does not affect public, culture, and literature and refutes them all.

First, based on the article, nothing like literature does not provide intellectual stimulation, imagination, and expand understanding of language. In contrast, the professor states that there are many science and history books that have very good quality. Also, the content of these materials presents better imagination and provides intellectual stimulation the same as literature does.

Second, the reading asserts that many people waste their time by watching television or reading self-help books that are poorly written with no standard. On the contrary, according to the speaker, in modern life, the culture has been changed. Nowadays, many brilliant songs and movies have been made with cultural standards. Their expression is far better in comparison to literature and is more understandable by viewers. Furthermore, these new materials can be compared to literature.

Third, the reading says that lead publishers do not invest enough in literature which is unfortunate because many talented writers lack audiences. Nevertheless, the lecturer explains that it is true that good literature is read less than in the past, but it is mainly the authors' fault because it is very complex and difficult to understand for people. Therefore, people prefer to read or watch books or movies that are easily understandable.