The reading suggests that the discovered silver coin in North America was not brought by Norse, European explorers, who traveled across the Atlantic Ocean. The lecturer casts doubt on all the claims made in the article. He thinks that the Norse actually have contacted with Native Americans and that the coin belongs to them.
First of all, the reading points out the enormous distance between Norse settlements and North America and argues that the coin does not have any connection with them. This point is challenged by the professor. He says that the Native Americans traveled big distances to obtain different objects and possibly they have reached these regions and brought the silver coin.
Secondly, the author contends that the fact that only one silver coin was found in the areas inhabited by the Norse indicate that they did not bring any coins at all to North America. The lecturer rebuts this argument by saying that the explorers came to North America for a limited time so before they went back they packed all the valuable things like silver coins.
Finally, the author of the reading states that the Norse knew that native dwellers do not consider silver coins as money so they would not bring them because they were useless in that regions. The professor, on the other hand, posits that native the Native Americans could use the coins as a decorative element or to make jewelry. He also adds that the Norse could bring them to exchange with other good.
- Did bees (a type of insect) exist on Earth as early as 200 million years ago? Such a theory is supported by the discovery of very old fossil structures that resemble bee nests. The structures have been found inside 200- million-year-old fossilized trees i 60
- TPO-47 - Integrated Writing Task Pterosaurs were an ancient group of winged reptiles that lived alongside the dinosaurs. Many pterosaurs were very large, some as large as a giraffe and with a wingspan of over 12 meters. Paleontologists have long wondered 78
- TPO-04 - Integrated Writing Task Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep their body temperatures constant. For instance, humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37°C, no matter whether the environment is wa 83
- TPO-17 - Integrated Writing Task In the past century, the steady growth of the human population and the corresponding increase in agriculture and pesticide use have caused much harm to wildlife in the United States,birds in particular. Unfortunately for b 80
- TPO-43 - Integrated Writing Task Agnostids were a group of marine animals that became extinct about 450 million years ago. Agnostid fossils can be found in rocks in many areas around the world. From the fossil remains, we know that agnostids were primitiv 85
Transition Words or Phrases used:
actually, also, but, finally, first, if, second, secondly, so, well, first of all, on the other hand
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 4.0 10.4613686534 38% => More to be verbs wanted.
Auxiliary verbs: 3.0 5.04856512141 59% => OK
Conjunction : 6.0 7.30242825607 82% => OK
Relative clauses : 15.0 12.0772626932 124% => OK
Pronoun: 30.0 22.412803532 134% => Less pronouns wanted
Preposition: 27.0 30.3222958057 89% => OK
Nominalization: 4.0 5.01324503311 80% => OK
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 1229.0 1373.03311258 90% => OK
No of words: 252.0 270.72406181 93% => More content wanted.
Chars per words: 4.87698412698 5.08290768461 96% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.98428260373 4.04702891845 98% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.18732160126 2.5805825403 85% => OK
Unique words: 135.0 145.348785872 93% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.535714285714 0.540411800872 99% => OK
syllable_count: 373.5 419.366225166 89% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.5 1.55342163355 97% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 4.0 3.25607064018 123% => OK
Article: 7.0 8.23620309051 85% => OK
Subordination: 0.0 1.25165562914 0% => More adverbial clause wanted.
Conjunction: 0.0 1.51434878587 0% => OK
Preposition: 1.0 2.5761589404 39% => More preposition wanted as sentence beginning.
Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 11.0 13.0662251656 84% => Need more sentences. Double check the format of sentences, make sure there is a space between two sentences, or have enough periods. And also check the lengths of sentences, maybe they are too long.
Sentence length: 22.0 21.2450331126 104% => OK
Sentence length SD: 50.7442135284 49.2860985944 103% => OK
Chars per sentence: 111.727272727 110.228320801 101% => OK
Words per sentence: 22.9090909091 21.698381199 106% => OK
Discourse Markers: 9.09090909091 7.06452816374 129% => OK
Paragraphs: 4.0 4.09492273731 98% => OK
Language errors: 0.0 4.19205298013 0% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 4.0 4.33554083885 92% => OK
Sentences with negative sentiment : 4.0 4.45695364238 90% => OK
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 3.0 4.27373068433 70% => OK
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.496117415858 0.272083759551 182% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.19067789614 0.0996497079465 191% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.120609618423 0.0662205650399 182% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.320930684129 0.162205337803 198% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0618104724292 0.0443174109184 139% => OK
automated_readability_index: 13.0 13.3589403974 97% => OK
flesch_reading_ease: 57.61 53.8541721854 107% => OK
smog_index: 3.1 5.55761589404 56% => Smog_index is low.
flesch_kincaid_grade: 10.7 11.0289183223 97% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 11.32 12.2367328918 93% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 7.86 8.42419426049 93% => OK
difficult_words: 50.0 63.6247240618 79% => More difficult words wanted.
linsear_write_formula: 8.0 10.7273730684 75% => OK
gunning_fog: 10.8 10.498013245 103% => OK
text_standard: 11.0 11.2008830022 98% => OK
What are above readability scores?
Rates: 85.0 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 25.5 Out of 30
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.