TPO 6

TPO 6

The article specifies that the communal online encyclopedias have important problems which make it less valuable than printed one and provide three reasons. The professor, however, cast doubts on reasons and claims that it is a small price to be paid.

First, based on the reading, the online interface encyclopedias consist of errors since the distributers of it do not have an academic education. In contrast, the woman implies that traditional encyclopedias are not accurate at all and contain errors. The benefit of online in comparison to traditional encyclopedias is that errors and mistakes could be corrected by people.

Second, according to the reading, vandals and hackers have the opportunity to delete and corrupt information in online encyclopedias. On the contrary, the lecturer claims that there is a strategy that protects the information. With this strategy, the format of accurate and crucial facts cannot be changed or deleted by any hackers. Therefore, valuable information cannot be eliminated by online users.

Third, the reading states that the communal dictionaries focus too frequently on popular topics cause a false impression of what is significant. Nevertheless, the professor says that there are multiple advantages to online encyclopedias in comparison to traditional ones. In printed ones, the space is limited and the volume of information is confined but online form represents great amount of knowledge and has more diversity view showed its superiority.