Essay topics: tpo22
Both the reading and lecture are about Ethanol fuel which is made by corn and sugar cane. The reading provides three reasons that Ethanol cannot supersede gasoline. The lecture casts doubt on the claims made in the article. The professor finds all arguments unconvincing.
First of all, the author of reading states that Ethanol is able to create some troubles for environment such as global warming because when it burns; a huge amount of carbon dioxide can enter to atmosphere like gasoline. This point is challenged by the lecturer. He points out that since Ethanol is obtained by corn and other types of plants; hence, the carbon dioxide will be attracted by such plants. The professor elaborates on this by mentioning that the plants require carbon dioxide as a part of their nutrition; consequently, the released carbon dioxide by Ethanol, can remove from air through the flora.
Secondly, the article contends that for producing Ethanol, producers need to cut a huge mass of plants. It goes without saying that animals rely on flora for their diet, so cutting plants can create severe and negative impacts on animals' life. This argument is rebutted by the professor. He expresses that Ethanol is gained through cellulose which is a main component of plant and also it is located in plant’s cell-wall. One should know that this part of plant is not eaten by animals; subsequently, this reason is not acceptable.
Finally, the reading passage proposed that the price of Ethanol will not be able to compete with gasoline because the tax subsidies for producing Ethanol is very high for the United State government and they can stop assisting to companies which collaborate to replace Ethanol with gasoline; conversely, the lecturer believes that such a great support is always required by producers. If they have enough budget for this purpose, they would boost their products; as a result, being available of Ethanol's products will cause the Ethanol's price to reduce even to 45 percentage.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||86||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||3||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||meysamkh||80||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||JoyWang||76||Read full essay|
|11 months 5 days ago||peerless alex||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||Gh.Ne||86||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||nazbanu||83||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||nazbanu||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||Saharnaz||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||Saharnaz||90||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should require every graduating students to take public speaking courses. Give specific examples and details to support your answer. (90)
- tpo24 (80)
- tpo15 (80)
- sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. do you agree or disagree with the following statement?the group will be helped more by a person who will be willing to do what other group members want than by a personwho often strongly insists t (45)
- tpo14 (80)
- should people be far away from lovely relationships for a long time or not. (88)
- sometimes filmmakers make movies that are based on books. When a movie is based on a book, some people prefer to read the book before watching the movie. Other people prefer to read the book only after they have watched the movie. Which do you prefer and (90)
- tpo20 (78)
- which one do you prefer? high-school students should take different subjects at the same time or they should focus on three or four subjects at the time. (90)
- in times of an economic crises, in which area should governments reduce their spending?1- scientific researches2-art3-park and public gardens (90)