TPO31(integrated)

TPO31(integrated)

In this set of materials, both the reading passage and the lecture discussed Sinosauropteyrx and the proposed testimonies towards the idea that Sinosauropteyrx was a feathered dinosaur. The reading firmly stated that there are many critics who have opposed that viewpoint. However, the lecture repudiated what stated in the reading resting upon fallacious premises and provides three counterclaims proofing that the arguments of those critics are unconvincing.

Firstly, the reading claimed that those structures that look like feathers were are indeed decomposed fibers from the skin of Sinosauropteyrx which have been create after animal's death in volcanic ash. The professor contradicted this point by acknowledging that none of the other death animals buried in the site showed such decomposition. In contrast, they were well preserved in volcanic ashes; therefore, the above evidence made by critics is unlikely to be correct.

Secondly, the article claimed that those fine lines are actually frills' remains of real structures of a Sinosauropteyrx. This seemed to be incorrect as explained in the lecture. The professor articulated that chemical analyses proved the existence of beta-keratin in those elements; besides, unlike feathers frills do not have such composition, consequently they could not be frills of a Sinosauropteyrx.

Lastly, the reading passage contended that the lines were seemed to be useless, as they were located along the backbone and tail of the Sinosauropteyrx, but feathers are used for thermoregulation and fly assistance apparently. Notwithstanding, the lecture highlighted that there are some birds who used their feathers, as a display function, in order to attract other birds for mating. She pointed out as the lines structures of Sinosauropteyrx were colorful, they might be used just for display.

which have been create after animal's death
which have been created after animal's death